If you are old enough to remember the days of injection mold making with disgusting EDM dielectric oil you qualify to to appreciate how clean, odorless (almost) and safe the fluids found in sinker EDM’s are these days.
I used to smell like a diesel mechanic at the end of the day and often wondered what happened to all those disgusting fumes that soaked into my lungs. After all, the odors we smell are actually tiny particles of matter that get picked up by our noses.
Not only will the use of up-to-date EDM oil enhance your profits, it will also boost morale of the EDM department and not be offensive to visiting customers.
Advantages of quality EDM dielectric oil
- Faster machining speeds-the newer oils are highly refined and purified to be more efficient. They are engineered to burn cleaner, thus producing a finer finish more quickly.
- Less smoke-the smoke produced from high amperage burns can produce quite a bit of toxic smoke, which must be vented to the outside. Even then, what becomes of the smoke?
- Longer fluid life-because they enable electrical discharge machining to be more efficient, the heat and sludge does not degrade the oil as quickly. This can mean quite a savings in material and time.
- Easy on the skin-many operators complain of skin irritation from the old kerosene based fluids. The new synthetic edm oils are much easier on the skin.
- Does not evaporate-your oil will last longer, and your shop will not smell like a diesel engine repair shop.
- Environmentally friendly-because the new edm oils are synthetic they are much easier to dispose of and have less impact on the environment.
You only get once chance to make a good first impression
Choosing the correct EDM oil can make a substantial difference in the overall performance of your EDM department. Buying good EDM supplies makes sense any way you look at it. Thankfully the days of toxic, smelly, witches-brew dielectric fluids are long gone. Check out the various companies listed below, contact the sales reps and find out what can make the difference in your shop.
Make a good impression on potential customers, and eliminating the smoky, smelly, kerosene based EDM oil is an easy way to clean up your image, and improve your bottom line.
As an EDM operator for many years, I witnessed many customers commenting on the disgusting odor bubbling out of the EDM tank. Now, I hear them comment on the nice luminous color and appearance. Silly as it seems, it makes a difference to people in sales! Money spent on quality industrial supplies is money well spent.
EDM Dielectric Oil Suppliers
|Belmont||EDM Zap||Royal Flush|
|Rust Lick||Iona Plus||Commonwealth|